Friday, November 16, 2007

Buried Treasure

Ever wanted to dig up buried treasure? Z did, but wasn't sure were any was located. She didn't let that stop her. She is a resourceful person, and anyway there was a shovel in the backyard. She packed a pencil pouch with her favorite treasures; a white feather, sticker earrings, bracelet, my little pony cards, and crumpled valentine. Then she placed them in a zip lock bag and got to work digging a hole. When she was satisfied with the depth and width, she placed the treasure inside, buried it with soft brown earth and waited two weeks. That's when I stumbled onto the scene. I saw her spreading out the contents of the pouch. She had a look of amazement on her face, as if she found an ancient artifact. She was admiring them like they are worth a million dollars. She explained to me that this treasure had been buried for two years. Sure enough, when I looked out in the backyard I saw the big hole next to the little shovel. Then she reminded me of the caution she gave me two weeks before, "That's why I told you not to dig there."

2 comments:

Ralphie said...

Oh, she is so dang cute!

The dresses that you asked about where made by my sister-in-law on B's side. She bought a shirt at old navy, cut the bottom off, and sewed gathered material around it to make the skirt. They are my favorite, they hang so cute, but unfortunaltley seasonal so they can only wear then in October and November.

Kt said...

That is SO cute. I can see her in my mind doing that. Ahhh, put a smile on my face to read.