This morning Lulu asked if we could go to the "egg chairs". It took me a while to figure out what she was talking about.
This was our old library...
It was gigantic. It was brand new and it was simply breathtakingly beautiful.
But our new library has some excellent literary choices. Like these...
The section titled "Ways to Remember Someone" was my favorite. It says, "Even when someone you love dies, you don't lose him completely- you still have your memories. That person can always be a part of you."
- Make a scrapbook about her.
- Play the game "I remember when..." with your family and friends.
- Look at his photograph.
- Keep practicing something he taught you.
- Write a poem about her.
- Keep something of hers in a special place.
- Visit her grave.
- Make a new friend who reminds you of her.
- Have a picnic to celebrate his birthday.
There are more ideas in the book, I just posted my favorite here.
I really enjoyed the artwork in this rendition. It is a classic tale that my mom use to read to me and I enjoyed sharing it with my own daughters.