Wednesday, April 7, 2010

On the nightstand...

Currently reading Charles and Emma The Darwins' Leap of Faith. Written by Deborah Heiligman. On the jacket flap, the author is described as having majored in religious studies. She married a science writer and fell in love with science, too. In this book she combines her interests in science, religion, and her belief in the importance of human connection.

I am really enjoying reading about Charles Darwin and how thoughtful and kind he was to his wife and children. One of my favorite quotes from the book comes from something Charles wrote to Emma:
I wish you knew how I value you; and what an inexpressible blessing it is to have one whom one can always trust, one always the same, always ready to give comfort, sympathy and the best advice. God bless you, my dear, you are too good for me. ~1859
If only we could all show such love and respect to differing points of view like Charles and Emma did.

No comments: