Monday, June 27, 2011

New?

My favorite cook book is Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book.  It's not really new, it was copyrighted in 1989. 
I love a good potato salad, not like the kind you buy at the store, too gooey.  I changed the recipe a bit to suit my tastes, but basically it's

Creamy Potato Salad
6 medium potato
2 stalks celery, diced
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 1/4 cup mayo
1 tbs vinegar
2 tsp mustard
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
6 hard cooked eggs
chopped sweet or dill pickles

In a covered saucepan cook potatoes in boiling water for 20 to 25 minutes or till just tender; drain, cool.  Peel and cube potatoes.
In a very large bowl combine celery, onion, mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and chopped pickles.  Add potatoes and eggs.  Toss lightly to mix. Cover and chill for 6-24 hours. (If you are like me and want to eat it straight away go ahead- it's too good to wait that long!)

No comments: