Thursday, April 24, 2008

4 a.m.

It's my sister's 10th wedding anniversary. So, I am staying with her kids while she goes on a little getaway to celebrate. She has twins, I will call them, Boy A and Boy B (when they were in-utero they were known as Baby A and Baby B). She called me on the phone to tell me that Boy B sometimes wakes in the night from bad dreams, gets out of bed, and cries for a few minutes, then gets back in bed.

At 4 a.m. I hear a small voice, "Aunt Snappy?" "Are you o.k.?" I ask. I am groggy and can't see in the dark. "What's the matter did you have a bad dream?" I assume it's Boy B but I better make sure."Are you Boy A or Boy B?"

"I'm Boy A!" -- next thing I know he is dragging his blanket behind him and curls up on the floor next to the bed where I almost step on him at 7:30 a.m.

Correct scenario, wrong boy!

2 comments:

Lucky Starfish said...

I love those twins. There's never a dull moment, not even when you're sleeping!

Kt said...

Oh, man. I'm laughing so hard.