Saturday, August 21, 2010

Eat it up: Spinach-Stuffed Shells

This is the second of two recipes from the July/August 2006 edition of Simple & Delicious. These recipes that I am sharing have been tried and approved by my family. I have made them more than once. This means that my husband likes them and the kids will eat them. (Small issue with the 5 year old and spinach.) Both the enchiladas and stuffed shells are recipes that I made in the morning, put in the fridge and then popped in the oven right before dinner.

Spinach-Stuffed Shells from Debbie Herbert
15 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
1 envelope white sauce mix (I used a package of Alfredo sauce since I couldn't find white sauce at my grocery store or you could make your own white sauce.)
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 package fresh spinach
1 tbs. shredded Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, prepare white sauce according to package directions, set aside. Cook spinach, drain and set aside.
In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese, mozzarella, egg, basil, garlic powder, pepper and spinach. Pour half the white sauce into a greased 8x8 inch baking dish.
Drain pasta; stuff each shell with 2 tbs. spinach mixture. Arrange over sauce. Top with remaining white sauce. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 5 Servings.Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Pastelred said...

I do find inspiration from reading other blogs. Yours is perfection! Alwas, Robin